Monday, March 19, 2012

We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far. -- Swami Vivekananda

Here I go again! Well, it's true! I BElieve it is anyway! Keep your thoughts good and good will come to you. I try to find the best in everything. Of course I am not perfect at this yet. I am still in training so to speak. But, I am certainly getting better at it. Here is a list of things that I have incorporated in my life (more and more anyway) to help me keep thinking positive thoughts:

Gratitude Journal - Every morning I jot down (well not every morning, but I try to do it as often as possible) the things in my life I am grateful for. Especially, if I am having a not so great day - then I will remember that I have a lot of blessings in my life!

Affirmations - When I wake up I start telling myself it is going to be a wonderful day, and telling myself all the wonderful things that are in-store for me. Again, especially a good thing to do if you wake up and for a moment think "Oh no I don't want to go to the gym and then to work." I switch my thoughts to be positive - "I will have a great workout at the gym this morning, and then I will feel wonderful - full of life and energy  - all day long! And, I will get a lot accomplished today!"

Meditation - Taking the time to do this daily, or as often as possible really helps keep my thoughts positive and uplifted. Plus, it really helps me be more calm and focused. There are some great mediation CD's out there.

Love - Love everyone and everything. Send love out into the world. You can't help but get some back! I know it sounds a little cliche, but I BElieve it works. I sure have a better day when I send love to everyone then when I am in a bad mood and send bad vibes. You know the kind of day that starts out bad and gets worse. When that happens, stop and take deep breath and change your thoughts to love.

Deep Breathing - I find that this brings my attention back the right now, and back to my body, so I can more easily get back to thinking good thoughts.

Exercise - Get those endorphins going for good thoughts. In my many years of exercising, I finally figured out (after trying all sorts of things) that I just need to do it. I know I will enjoy it once I get started and then I will feel great afterwards!

Eat Real Whole Food - This so key too. I know what I eat affects my mood and the way I feel. A pizza seems like a tasty and good idea when you are eating it, but later the "carb" hangover isn't worth it. Not to say I don't have the pizza anyway sometimes, but I do pay the "carb" hangover price later, which doesn't make it so easy to think those positive thoughts. 

I'll post more in-depth on each of these in my next few posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment