Thursday, May 19, 2011

BElieve

What do I mean by BElieve? Let's look at the definition of Believe and  BE.

Believe -
1. To accept as true or real
2. To credit with veracity (reality)
3. To expect or suppose; think

BE -
1. To exist in actuality; have life or reality: I think, therefore I am.
2. To take place; occur

After years of searching and trying to lose weight, I have come to the conclusion that the reason I have not yet reached my goal is not because I don't know how to prepare, cook and eat nutritious healthy foods, or that I don't know know how to exercise (I really know how to do that!), but  the fact that I never really believed I could lose weight or lived in actuality. Over the last year of so I have read numerous books, listened to many CD sets, attended many lectures, and study groups that all point to the fact that what we think (BElieve) in life is what we get in life. As I look back on my life is see this to be very true - I never doubted that I would graduate from college and graduate school, I never doubted I would live in exactly the house that I live in complete with the snow capped mountain in the background, I never doubted that I would be successful in marketing, or that I would become a college professor. But, I did doubt in other areas of my life - some came true and some didn't (That's another story for another time). I doubted and never really believed I would lose weight. I'm not sure why this particular area of my life is filled with such turmoil (Probably some emotional eating involved, but that is another story I will talk about later too.), but I believe I have now found the solution. I need to believe I can do it, and then it will BE so. I think part of the problem in the past has been that I was always going for the big loss - the big picture, but that was off my radar so I never believed it would happen. It was too much of a stretch for my imagination. Now I am going for smaller goals. I BElieve I will lose 10 pounds by June10th. There I said it. I really do BElieve now that when I am done with the Institute of Integrative Nutrition Health Coaching program I will be at my ideal weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment