Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Law of Attraction and BElieving

That may sound like a lofty topic for a blog about getting healthy to be discussing, but this principle is the key to success in weight loss, and in everything else in life. You may say, "Sure, but why haven't you been able to lose weight over the last year while you have been on your journey?" And, the key is simple. My beliefs. Some of you may know me and know me to be a positive up beat person - most of the time anyway! But, it is the thoughts that go on in my head (mostly when I am alone) that have prevented me from achieving my goals. But, no more.! I will be ever so slightly tweaking my thoughts to be more positive in order to achieve  my desires - first the weight loss - then who knows the sky is the limit!  You see it doesn't matter what you are thinking about in a negative manner - it could have nothing to do with your desire, but if you are sad, or angry, guilty, discouraged, worried, disappointed, jealous, fearful or depressed (or whatever negative emotion) your desires won't come true. Simple because you are not in alignment with your source energy - your positive energy. With the way the world is today and the media's constant broadcasting of bad news about the economy, the wars, the Swine Flu, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, the predicted end of the world on May 21, 2011 blah, blah, blah it can be hard to stay in a state of joy - or even anything close to that. Especially for someone who is very intuitive and empathetic like me. I have the tendency to take on the vibe or energy of the people I am around - not good when dealing with energetically negative people. This is something I recently figured out and will be working on not being affected by the energy of those around me or the news, etc.- unless of course those around me are positive energetically. After focusing my efforts on what I ate, and how much exercise I did for the last year, I know now that the reality is that that doesn't matter. Not that you can eat 10,000 calories a day and not exercise and lose weight, but that you need to believe you can lose weight, and be in a positive state of mind. Because no matter how much you eat or exercise you won't lose weight unless you believe you can and you think you can, and for the most part think positive motivating, upbeat thoughts about everything in your life. So, no more negative energy for me!  Less pounds and more joy for me!  The good news is that all the students I have met in my Holistic Health Coaching program have been so positive, upbeat, caring and loving.  Plus, I have my Friday Ladies group - who are always a great source of positive energy and love. Just writing this I feel filled with joy! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment