Saturday, June 9, 2012

Last Chance Workout and a tear

Today is my last day at the Biggest Loser Resort. Tomorrow morning I will have my final fitness assessment, which will tell me how many inches and pounds I have released during my stay. I have benefited so much more than just the pounds I have shed. I heard a couple of things while I was here that really made me think. One girl said that someone told her that when it gets tough "to do it for those that can't" that struck a cord with me because I can move, I can exercise I am healthy unlike so many people in the world. So, now when it gets tough I will remember that. Another nugget I got was that when you get a little off track to get back on track and not beat yourself up about it. Sione, a trainer here and former contestant on the Biggest Loser, said to think of the sport of baseball and how the best hitters only hit 30 or 40 percent of the time, and they are the best in their sport. So, just keep at it, and keep treating yourself with respect and integrity!

After a hike on the beach this morning then we had the Last Chance Workout, which was a circuit style workout outside on a field and included things like hill running, plank, frog jumps, several barbell arm exercises, kettlebell, medicine ball throw with squats, with intermittent laps around the field. I have to say that because I got a giant blister on the bottom of my foot I wasn't able to do a couple of the stations, but I still got a great burn and workout.

Then I treated myself to a much needed massage. Boy, could I feel that I had really been working my muscules this week during the massage. Ouchy, but good!

 I happy to be going home, but at the same time I am a little sad that I am not staying. I met many very nice and supportive people here, and many who have achieved life changing results both physically and mentally. I know I still have a ways to go on my journey, but I'm going to do it. For sure you can't say that I don't keep on trying! Right?

And, one day soon I plan to reach my goal and then help others to meet theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment