Thursday, June 7, 2012

A rattle snake, a big red ball and a strawberry

That is what day four at the Biggest Loser Resort included for me. We went on a hike today, like every morning here at the resort, and I was just not having it. I was hurting, I couldn't breath and I was just not wanting to be on the hike. I ended up at the back of the group feeling awful and huffing and puffing my way to the top of a spectacular summit with a beautiful view of the ocean overlooking Malibu. By that time I was feeling better because the rest of the hike was mostly down hill. Then while walking along the trail I heard some behind be scream and run up towards me. They had seen a rattle snake, which means I walked right by it and didn't even see it. Yikkeeess! Today was by far the hardest hike so far for me, they say the get easier - but not today for me.

Then we had stretch class, lunch, pool class (sounds easy but it isn't the kind of swimming I usually do when I lounge around in a pool), and a class called Ball Works - this is where the big red ball comes in. We were throwing the big balls back and forth with our partners when out of nowhere another twosome's ball comes flying at me landing right on my thumb. Needless to say it is now black and blue. Darn Big Red Ball!!! I am hoping for a miraculous recovery tomorrow. Then we had a class called Treading - OMG - five minutes as fast as you can go, then a five minute recovery a lower level, then the same for four minutes, then three, then two and finally for one minute as fast and hard as you can go. Glad that is over with!

For dinner the big prize was two chocolate covered strawberries. Nummy! That made all the trials and tribulations of my day all worth it! Now on to get some rest for the hike tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment