Thursday, June 27, 2013

To Plan or not to Plan?

Should we plan our meals?

 

For me I find that I need to plan, at least my lunch and dinner. I have the most trouble eating healthy for lunch - mostly because I am often on the go and get hungry while I am out. Let's face it, if we don't plan our meals we are much more tempted to eat something unhealthy.  I like to plan my meals for the week on Sunday before I go grocery shopping.

Today we will focus on breakfast and snacks. I have a list of several breakfast ideas that I eat on a weekly basis. I pretty much just mix and match these menus for breakfast to make sure I get a healthy start to my day. I try to keep my calorie count around 300 calories for breakfast.

 

 Here are some of my healthy breakfast ideas:

  • Whole Grain Cereal/with almond milk and berries, or melon
  • Whole wheat toast or English muffin with almond butter (one Tablespoon or so) and an apple, melon, or berries, banana  (you could put the berries or banana on top and make a little sandwich)
  • Whole grain waffles with berries or melon, with pure maple syrup (1 Tablespoon or so)
  • Protein Shake with almond milk, protein powder, a banana, frozen berries, and some kale.
  • Oatmeal with berries or banana, and a hard boiled egg
  • Yogurt with fruit ( bananas or berries or whatever fruit you like) and a few nuts (almonds or walnuts, about eight or so nuts) or a little granola
  • Two eggs scrambled with lots of veggies, spinach, onion, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, etc., and a little low fat cheese
Today I had a protein shake! Nummy!
1 cup of almond milk
1 scoop of protein powder
1 banana
1/2 cup frozen berries
handful of kale

Snack ideas:




  • String cheese and an apple or any other fruit
  • Apple with 1T almond butter
  • Hummus and veggies
  • hardboiled egg and veggies
  • Small handful of Almonds
  • Small handful of Walnuts
More tomorrow on planning lunch and dinner.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment