Tuesday, June 25, 2013

90 Day Challenge - Game On!

Join me in a 90 Day Fitness Challenge
 
 

I am committing to a 90 day fitness challenge to release weight and get healthier by eating real whole foods, exercising and meditating. And, I hope YOU will too! Beginning tomorrow and for the next 90 days through September 30, 2013 -  I challenge myself to release at least 33 pounds. This is my goal!
This is my time frame.

You should make your own goal for the 90 days. Maybe your goal is to release 2 pounds a week, maybe its 1 pound a week. Maybe you want to get stronger, maybe you want to run faster. Then post your goal!  You decide when you want to start the challenge, but I suggest starting it now, because there is no time like the present to get going!  The official challenge will be July 1 - September 30th! The key is to make the goal and then take the steps towards reaching your goal on a DAILY basis.

This blog will provide support, including meal, exercise and meditation ideas and information.

Keys to being successful on the challenge (I'm talking to YOU and ME!):

· Write your goal down. Weigh yourself on day one, and write your starting weight down. Then weigh yourself weekly after that. Don't be tempted to get on the scale everyday - your weight will fluctuate during the day.

· Plan your meals. Make sure you know what you will be eating each day, so you are not tempted to just grab something that isn't healthy. I will give some suggestions on planning during our journey.

· Exercise consistently and regularly. For me this is going to be at least 45 minutes five (5) days a week  You decide how much you want to exercise and then do it. Maybe it's 3 days a week for 20 minutes to start out.

· Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. It's summer so there are bevy of great choices out there.

· Eat three healthy meals and two snacks a day. By snacks I mean healthy snacks, like nuts, or fruit or veggies, not ice cream! I will give some suggestions for meals and snacks in this blog.

· Be active. That means take the stairs, take the dog for a walk, clean the house,  take a bike ride around the neighborhood, garden - movement burns calories. Move as much as you can in addition to your consistent exercise.

· Track. By this I meal record your food intake and exercise time and intensity. Consider some sort of monitoring system. I use Body Media - I really like it. I can track what I eat and it tracks how many calories a I burn a day. It's great!

· Meditate daily. This may be something you haven't heard before regarding releasing weight and fitness, but I think it is key. I meditate at least 15 minutes a day. I try to do more, depending on how much time I have. I think it really helps me to focus on my goals and curbs my cravings. Try it! You might like it. More on meditating during our journey.

· Remember this is a journey, not a destination!

I will be posting tips and information daily. Look for more good stuff tomorrow!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment