Monday, July 29, 2013

Clean Slate


 
I'm going to give myself a clean slate after my weekend in Las Vegas. While I was in Las Vegas....you know the saying "What happens in Vegas...Stays in Vegas!" Let's just say my weekend was NOT filled with protein shakes, chicken breasts and bottled water. Quite a different and interesting story...but that is a tale for another time and another blog!

Back to the clean slate policy. This morning I was starting to beat myself up because I really went way off track this weekend.  Then I decided that I wasn't going to let a couple of days of debauchery get in the way of my goals. So, I went to my workout this morning and got back on track. I came home and whipped up a healthy protein shake to get the week started off right.

We all get fixated on the things that didn't go the way we planned  - on the things we meant to do but didn’t  or the things we didn’t want to do but did anyway.

That kind of thinking and dwelling keeps us stuck. The key is to just realize your mistakes, decide what you could do differently next time and move on.
Next time you get off track give yourself and clean slate immediately (don't even wait until the next day) and get back to realizing your goals. Remember it is a journey, not a destination. And, nothing good happens overnight. So, note to self - keep your eye on the goal. Back on track!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment