Monday, January 9, 2012

Breakfast Really is the Most Important Meal of the Day

Isn't that what your mother always told you? EAT YOUR BREAKFAST!  Being on this cleanse, I now also believe this is so true. And, now that I haven't been eating unhealthy snacks in the evening, when I get up in the morning I am really hungry and crave something healthy. So, for the last couple of days I have made steel cut oats with a few dates and almonds added for a little sweetness, plus two hard boiled eggs and a apple. This really starts my day off right. And, it is nummy! When I have completed this cleanse I am probably going to start many mornings with a healthy shake in my Vita Mix. Here's one of my favorite recipes.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup almond milk (use any milk)
1 scoop of rice (or any non whey) protein powder
1/2 banana
1/4 cup organic blueberries (frozen or fresh)
1/4 cup mixed organic strawberries (frozen or fresh)
1 cup of organic kale
1 tsp maple syrup or Agave
Blend it in the blender and you have a great start to your day!

You could also add a few nuts or some flax seed to the mix. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment