Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Smelling the Coffee

I am on my third day of my 24 day cleanse, and so far so good. And, believe it or not I don't really even miss coffee. I thought I would be writhing in pain, tired, grumpy and in an all around funk abstaining from coffee for the duration of the cleanse. After all I was one of Starbucks best customers last year - I hate to admit it but I probably gave them more than $1000 last year as a four plus times a week latte drinker (Chai and Pumpkin Spice in the winter). I  still do love my coffee, but it is good to know that I can live without it! I think my love of coffee, or should I call coffee habit is really just that a habit - a ritual. Making the coffee, savoring the smell the brewing coffee, pouring it into the cup and adding the soy creamer (I graduated from Coffeemate years ago!), and then sitting and sipping it until I'm ready to really start my day - that was the old routine. Well, I have to admit that I still made coffee (for my husband) the last three mornings so I guess I got in part of the ritual. Then instead of pouring my cup of coffee, I made a cup of tea. I didn't linger watching the Today show the last few mornings either - I guess that was habit too. This makes me wonder how much of everything that I do is habit. My guess is that I was on auto pilot much of the time in the past. But, in my quest I am beginning to awaken from the sleep of habit and auto pilot to see a wonderful exciting world full of possibilities, love and joy - without coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment