Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year. New Resolve.


As I sit here writing this I am full of faith knowing that 2012 is going to be a great year for me! I am so excited about the changes that are coming in the next twelve months. It is a gorgeous sunny and warm day in California. What a glorious way to start the New Year. I feel in my heart and soul that this is MY  year - this is the year I make it all happen. I just know it! I know that this year will be the year of awesome results. I will complete my Institute of Integrative Nutrition certification as a Holistic Health Coach in May. And, I will complete my ISSA Certified Personal Training Certification by June of this year. So, change is in the air - a new career for this girl! I am teaching again this Spring semester - Small Business Management - how appropriate! Teaching this class will give me all the tools I need to start my Real Whole Living Holistic Health Coaching business, which will allow me to help others attain the health and fitness they desire while ensuring that I live a healthy lifestyle too. I'm also going to be working more with groO to help grow this business in 2012, as well. This is going to be the year of growth - mind, body and spirit! I’m ready to shine in 2012. 

Plus, I will be writing more, and expressing my feelings along the way. So, stay tuned for three blog posts a week - Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  I'll be talking about real raw emotions and probably some tough subjects for me and maybe for others, as well. Today I have a raw emotional subject I’d like to discuss.  I would bet that many are asking yourself the same question right about now.  Should I quit drinking? After a few nights in Las Vegas staying up until all hours of the night - 3 a.m. (I know I’m too old for that!) and a crazy New Year’s Eve with friends at a dueling piano bar, I am wondering if alcohol (wine) may not serve me anymore. I feel like it is hindering my progress, and I think that abstinence might be the key to a successful 2012. These are my thoughts today, after a week or more of an alcohol induced haze that included eating way too many unhealthy foods and little or no exercise. Tomorrow I begin a 24 day cleanse eating only whole foods - fruits, vegetables, fish, chicken, eggs, nuts, and whole grains - and taking a cleansing supplement. This should set in me in the right direction for the New Year and propel me to an exceptional 2012! I think life will be much more authentic without alcohol in my life. I mean if I am going to be a Holistic Health Coach shouldn’t I be leading the healthiest life possible? YES! Two years ago when I began this journey it was all about losing weight. Now I realize that it is about gaining health and that is what I will be doing this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment